Research shows that customers emerging from the pandemic are only going to places they perceive as clean and safe, forcing business owners to implement stricter cleaning protocols, especially FECs with food and beverage offerings.
People have more choices and higher expectations than ever before. To leave a lasting impression on your guests - and keep them coming back – it's key to prepare your F&B in a clean, coronavirus-free kitchen.
Your kitchen should be thoroughly cleaned and sanitized regularly. The food industry routinely uses chemicals to sanitize and disinfect product prep surfaces. Utilizing chemicals ensures that food come in contact with properly disinfected surfaces.
It's simple to keep your counters and food prep areas safe:
- Clean your counters – Remove any loose debris or food particles off the counter and dispose of them. Use your cleaning agent per manufacture instructions to ensure proper cleaning and disinfecting.
- Let your country dry - Let the counter air dry. Sanitizers should stay in place to effectively destroy the bacteria and contaminants.
- You're ready to go – your food prep area is now sanitized and safe to use.
- Tip: Continue to follow procedures for washing and disinfecting dishes, silverware, and glassware, including items that may have been touched by the hands of guests or employees.
Choosing a green eco-friendly cleaning solution will help you tackle the toughest kitchen messes without any toxic cleaners and keep your surfaces safe. If you don't know what's in your cleaning products, how can you make an educated decision about whether they are safe to use? And, if your products are ethanol-based, which most are, how do you keep your kitchen from going up in flames?!
Here's what you should be looking for in a green, eco-friendly brand:
Clean Product Criteria:
- Clear Ingredients Listing (proprietary blends need to be listed)
- Contain plant-based ingredients (not petroleum-based)
- Are biodegradable (USDA Certified-Bio based Product)
- Do not contain artificial colors or fragrances
- An A or B rating in the EWG's cleaning product database (a C rating might mean it includes added fragrances)
- Bonus: ultra-concentrated or refillable (a little goes a long way)
- Effective. Works the same or better than toxic cleaners.
Criteria for Non-Toxic Cleaning Sprays:
- Transparency – all ingredients listed on the packaging
- Plant-derived – ingredients from plants instead of petroleum
- Free from – parabens, phthalates, triclosan, 1,4 dioxane, formaldehyde, chlorine bleach, SLS (sodium lauryl sulfates), or SLES, phosphates, synthetic dyes, synthetic fragrances, harsh solvents, VOCs
- Biodegradable – all ingredients will biodegrade
- Cruelty-free – no animal testing
- Light natural scent or unscented
Eco-friendly cleaning products work as well, and even better, than conventional cleaning products. Don't risk your guests' and employees' safety by using toxic chemicals in your kitchen.
The Embed Hygiene Defence range, which includes cleaning solutions carefully formulated with 100% natural ingredients made with essential oils, is stronger than harsh industrial cleaners without the toxic health risks. Safe for use on all food prep and eating surfaces. Non-toxic, non-flammable, and gentle on the skin (and who doesn't like that!)
Embed Hygiene Defence products provide the best protection to the industry's employees and guests, enabling business owners to practice strict hygiene cleaning with a conscience.
Experience the Embed Hygiene Defence difference today.