Time and again we have seen businesses reopen (at only 5% of their original revenue) and then close. But we know consumers’ are surging from lockdown with wild tales of revenge-spending. So why aren’t FECs capturing their fair share of this business? The consumer emerging post-COVID-19 is different, more cautious, and they will not return to businesses they perceive as unsafe.
Now, more than ever, it’s essential that FECs keep their business brand top-of-mind by reassuring their guests of the steps they are taking to mitigate risk across the entire experience to deliver “safe, clean, fun” and be clear that they are not “just opening the doors and back to business-as-usual.”
Marketing is an important part of your business; it reaches your customers and raises brand awareness to bring them back to you. When it comes to marketing, one size does not fit all. We know that not all FECs have in-house marketing teams or the resources to hire marketing agencies. Here are some tips to help you market without an in-house marketing team:
- Identify Your Audience: Build a persona or two around who your audience is and write for them, not the masses. You can’t be all things to all people; don’t spread yourself thin and be everywhere, go where your audience is. If you have a database of customers, now is the time to reach out to them and tell them you are open and ready to welcome them.
- Utilize Social Media: Social media is a cheap way to market your business. Focus on the correct channels for your business and your goals. Dedicate a block of time each week to social/campaign planning & scheduling; you should be as active on social media for your business as you are on your own account. A free Hootsuite account and Canva can go a long way. The posts on social should be a combination of clarity on your safety measures plus your value promotions.
- Follow Industry Experts and Thought Leaders: To stay on top of what’s is trending and of primary concern to the industry, so you can reassure your customers of how you are navigating the situation.
- Take Advantage of Free Resources: There are a ton of free resources out there for use, including:
- Free Creative Toolkits: there are FREE professional creative toolkits you can use in your marketing, from eDMs to banners, from storefront and game room creative, and even the humble restroom. They’re designed by experts and written by professionals so you can plug-and-play and you are ready to go.
- Mailchimp, a tool for businesses to easily create and automate email campaigns – free for up to 2,000 subscribers and 12,000 emails per month.
- Lightworks, a free video editing software, with many advanced features, best for overall video editing.
- Grammarly, a free content quality tool that helps edit content to improve grammar and fluidity.
We know managing cash flow is of the utmost importance right now. This is why we’ve created Embed’s COVID-19 Resource Center, giving you our award-winning Mobile Wallet free for 1-year. And we’re not stopping there - expanding our relief efforts with FREE creative toolkits for your use.
Embed’s Mobile Wallet Creative Toolkit enables you to drive uptake and adoption of the Mobile Wallet with your customers. Our Reopening Toolkit provides you with all the creative you need to communicate all your safety measures, steps you are taking to mitigate risk and everything you could possibly need to get ready for reopening.
Marketing is the only way to promote your business and build brand awareness with your target audience – and it doesn’t have to cost you anything but time and creativity. It’s possible to market your business without an in-house marketing team and build a foundation of success for your FEC.
Embed is here to get you through – and to – your reopening.